Getting started with formulating doesn’t have to be expensive, in fact you probably already have some of the equipment already! You only really need six essential types of lab equipment to begin with:
- Protecting: PPE basics - apron, eye protection, gloves, hairnet.
- Weighing: jewellery or pocket scales and some pipettes.
- Containing: glass beakers and bowls, stainless steel pans, empty cosmetic jars and bottles.
- Heating: hob or electric hotplate.
- Blending: glass stirring rods and stainless steel mini whisks.
- Cleaning: disinfectant, rubbing alcohol and paper towels.
To read more about each type in more detail we have our guide to essential lab equipment so you can get fully prepared.